EuroSort is a global organization leading designs and manufacturing of sortation material handling equipment. We are looking to expand our Purchasing department. This position will encompass all product lines of EuroSort equipment supporting Procurement, Quoting, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Management, and Supplier Quality.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: EuroSort President of Operations
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Manager will assist Project Managers, Engineers, Installers, Finance, and the President of Operations by taking lead responsibility for all aspects of procurement ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency and integrity. Projects will include service efforts in addition to new projects. This includes responsibility for developing and maintaining supplier relationships, procurement schedules to meet project requirements, and financial objectives.
A successful Supply Chain Manager will:
- Represent EuroSort in a professional manner
- Provide timely responses, concepts, and solutions to sales, operations, and service teams
- Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and lower costs
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- Monitor and document supplier on time delivery performance. Share with suppliers as appropriate to provide both positive and requires improvement feedback.
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategies, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement plans, and progress reports as required
- Negotiate contract terms with bid winners and the selected contractors in the best manner achieving the best interest of EuroSort.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in cases of poor performance or non-compliance
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Amendments, and requests for contract awards and/or waivers
- Maintain the ERP system with proper lead time and costing information. Assume the role of the EuroSort ERP system champion.
- Develop, monitor, and communicate status of key metrics supporting management, program managers, and Engineers
- Visit supplier sites to understand process strategies as well as identify and coordinate productivity and material reliability improvements. Observe and document supplier QC processes including checking tolerances as appropriate.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to communicate the supply chain perspective to management
- Understand the general principles of accounting and finance
- Take ownership of supply chain quality
- Manage supply chain updates for field or engineering changes and communicate with suppliers
- Assists with engineering, finance, production, and installation through advisory support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3+ years of supply chain management experience required
- QuickBooks and MISys experience preferred
- Financial reporting experience required
- Team player – able to work with all departments among EuroSort and suppliers
- Must be willing to travel locally – up to 10%
- Personal characteristics:
- Internally motivated to satisfy all customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Think logically and analytically
- Technically and financially competent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, strong work ethic
- Bright and quick learner
- Solid effective decision maker
- Innovative and flexible
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to deal with multiple projects and multiple priorities effectively
The ideal candidate is technically and financially competent, organized and enjoys the challenge that comes with coordinating the full lifecycle of supply chain management in an efficient manner. The Supply Chain Manager has a lot of autonomy to get the job done on schedule and must work independently and through others to successfully ensure all schedule and cost goals are met.