EuroSort is a global organization leading designs and manufacturing of sortation material handling equipment. We are looking to expand our Service department. This position will encompass all product lines of EuroSort equipment. The ideal candidate for this position is technically competent, organized and enjoys the challenge that comes with coordinating complex problem solving in an efficient manner.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reports to: EuroSort Installation Supervisor
Location: Owings Mills MD
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Field Service Engineer will work both internally in Owings Mills, MD and at customer sites across North America focusing on the United States. This position is responsible for maintaining customer equipment and supporting emergent service needs as well as project upgrades to the full EuroSort product line of automated machinery. Travel to customer’s job site for installation, start-up and service of new and existing equipment. Responsibilities include working with the Engineering, Installation, and Service teams along with colleagues in all departments to meet technical and schedule objectives.
A successful Field Service Engineer will:
- Have a focus on hardware and controls including automation machinery
- Initiate cost and efficiency improvements on project designs
- Provide timely technical responses, concepts, and solutions
- Assist with production, installation, and service through technical advisory support
- Be part of a team to answer customer support phone calls during and after standard work hours
- Respond to on-site customer service calls (during day and off business hours)
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on system and components
- Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades and adjustments on equipment and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions
- Perform system checkout when tasked
- Perform customer training on maintenance and operation of systems
- Update documentation for field changes and make sure documentation is adequate to handover project to customer and service department
- Work independently and with others to implement and support custom software
- Documentation to include such items as service tickets, inspection reports, and expense reports
- Contribute to the completion of service manuals, service readiness documentation, field service directives, parts replacement procedures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent required
- MS Word and Excel experience required
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting desired
- Experience with sortation systems in a material handling environment desired
- Experience in a support, engineering, or manufacturing environment desired
- Team player – able to work with all departments among EuroSort, suppliers, and with customers
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%
- Personal characteristics:
- Internally motivated to satisfy all customers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills- able to represent Eurosort in a professional manner
- Independent, strong work ethic
- Technically competent
- Bright and quick learner
- Solid effective decision maker
- Innovative and flexible
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to deal with multiple projects and multiple priorities effectively
The Field Service Engineer has a lot of autonomy to get the job done on schedule and must work independently and with others to successfully ensure all technical goals of a project are met in conjunction with schedule and cost thresholds.
This position has the potential to grow based on the initiative and responsibility demonstrated by the engineer.